60’s clubdate basement find ...

Discussion in 'Vintage Venue' started by 155, Nov 1, 2018.

1. 155

155 Well-Known Member

AFFEFA50-F29E-4AE9-924F-0BA3D80234EC.jpeg picked these up from a buddy that had them in his basement , they are pretty hammered bit still cool and playable with some work . I can’t tell if this is nickel or chrome hardware, missing a few pieces, disappearing cymbal arm and arm for tom. Also need a bass hoop... if anyone has anything I can use let me know , condition not important these are gonna be players..
    What kind of glue was used on the re-rings ?
    These appear to be 1966 black lacquer, 20,14,12.
    These need to of cleaning which won’t be fun but looking forward to the final product.

squidart likes this.
  2. CaptainCrunch

CaptainCrunch DFO Veteran

Where Black is the color, where None is the number
    That's nickel hardware, I've had best results with Simichrome. The cymbal arm mount is same as the Club Date spurs, and the cymbal arm is the top section of a Ludwig 1400 stand. It's not ideal placement for a decent-sized ride. Silver sparkle is the "correct" inlay for the hoops.

I can't speak to the glue used, but I can tell you it was chosen because it was inexpensive and not because it was perfect in some way. I use Titebond II for repairs.

When I've redone duco kits (which was the term for the paint, not anything about "dual-color"), I've used damp cloth & water to get the dust off, Meguair's wax applied fairly dry on the cloth, then buff. Accepting it for what it is instead of trying to polish it into something it won't ever be was healthy.

3. JazzDrumGuy

JazzDrumGuy DFO Master

Cool - I would have a great time restoring/cleaning these! And hardware does look nickel. I have a gold sparkle transition badge Jazz fest with the dull nickel hardware which looks very cool and makes the gold really pop......just sayin'.....

4. multijd

multijd Very well Known Member

I would expect your biggest challenge to be finding the long t rods for the bass drum.

5. crash

crash DFO Master

If you'll settle for key rods, pretty easy to get.I got the one's for my set from "drumsonsale.com". Brought it from a storage locker find to this. It's one I shoulda never let get away...... 3k13L73Fd5La5G25K1cbmd96de78a34f21127.jpg IMG_0545.jpg

6. 155

155 Well-Known Member

I actually have them.. hoping he finds the hoop too