Acoutin Custom 6.5x14 Ply Cherry/Brushed Stainless Snare

Discussion in 'General' started by cafunko, Jul 30, 2017.

1. cafunko

cafunko Well-Known Member

Anyone else using an Acoutin? I own some fantastic sounding snares but this drum just has it ALL going on. Cooper is building some amazing drums, they are most definitely worth checking out if you haven't already.

Here's a link to a video on my Facebook page. Clip was filmed on a Zoom Q2N with my Acoutin snare and a Pearl Music City Custom MRV. Sound is from the camera's built in mics, make sure you're watching in HD :)

https://www.facebook.com/michael.cafasso/videos/10213054342380895/

Acoutin.jpg

TrickRoll likes this.
  2. mikeylicious78

mikeylicious78 Well-Known Member

Just saw the vid today..man, what a snare! What a groove! All around awesomeness. Are you still playing the snare? Is it sensitive and dynamic enough for lower volume acoustic jazz?

3. drawtheline55

drawtheline55 Owner/admin Administrator Moderator

Sounds great, nice playing, I know all the guys at DCP have one.

Ben

4. Marquisjohnson22

Marquisjohnson22 DFO Veteran

Im thinking of getting one of his Drums. They look and sound great!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  5. mikeylicious78

mikeylicious78 Well-Known Member

I just bought one through DCP! Same cherry shell.

6. cafunko

cafunko Well-Known Member

Congrats! Yes, I'm still playing this snare and I absolutely love it. I have some great drums and the Acoutin definitely sees the most time on my snare stand. You'll have to share what you think about the drum after playing it.

7. RickP

RickP Guest

I had the opportunity to play a few of these snares at DCP and I was very impressed with the quality and sound. They had a very full sound and I was suprised at how warm sounding they are.

8. Buffalo_drummer

Buffalo_drummer Well-Known Member

Had a chance to speak to Cooper for a while at NAMM this year and he was such a passionate, thoughtful guy [kid actually]. Made me want one just from his passion for building them. Beautiful drums that sounded incredible when I played them that day.

9. Markkuliini

Markkuliini DFO Veteran

Just bought an Acoutin Custom snare with black walnut stave and stainless shell in 14"x6,5". I had tested Acoutins, but only very briefly years ago, and have been wanting one since. Well, one came up for sale in Germany 2 weeks ago, so I decided to take a risk and jump on that without a chance to test it, so I ordered it here to Sweden.

It didn't disappoint! This thing sounds really, really good! Very musical treble in the sound that doesn't ring too long (I find many modern snares having way too wild and long sustain in the treble area), and solid and beefy bottom end supporting the sound, even at the higher tensions. Also very articulate ghost notes and great attack! Wow, I'm really impressed about this thing. And I'm not very easy to impress...
    Anyway, did a demo with 5 different tunings from high to low. Hope you like it too!

10. scaramanga

scaramanga Very well Known Member

I love the walnut examples I've heard. DCP doesn't seem to be pushing these as hard as they used to.