Amazon deals thread

Discussion in 'General' started by aparker2005, Feb 9, 2016.

1. redbeard

redbeard Well-Known Member

Ha! I ordered those Sabians hat and received a Carolina Hurricanes floor mat instead. I may be a die hard Flyers fan but that mat has served me well for years.

lrod1707 and lossforgain like this.
  2. lrod1707

lrod1707 Very well Known Member

3. larold

larold Well-Known Member

Amazon isn't currently offering buyers a discount code for musical instruments. Instead, if you hit the Call Me link, they offer to refund you 10% after you make a purchase, but this involves being transferred to a different department and being put on lengthy holds at least a half dozen times. It took 25 minutes on the phone to get a 10% discount — not my idea of good customer service.

4. larold

larold Well-Known Member

And then amazon sends me an email saying, “As much as I wanted to process for the 10% discount I don't have an option if the item has not been shipped out, so in order for that please call us back when you received the item so we will process a discount in the form of refund on the original payment method..”. So I have to call them again and waste more of my time on the phone with them.

I cancelled the order.

5. lrod1707

What a joke! I only buy from Amazon when they have the straight up no other discounts super deals. Other than that, it's usually Musicians friend with the same sales guy I always call. He usually discounts a lot over the phone without any hassles or coupons or any of that nonsense.

6. Rich K.

Rich K. DFO Master

That must be new...like within the last week with the Amazon thing. Usually, if the item shows the phone thing (on musical instruments they sell for at least $100), you select call me now, your phone rings. In a few seconds someone comes on. You put the item in your cart. They put you on hold for a couple minutes, then they tell you or email you a code. While you have them on the line, you go to checkout, enter the code and the 10% is immediately deducted. I've done it many times as recently as last week.
    It works on all those amazon deals shown above.

7. Rich K.

Rich K. DFO Master

Used to be all those deal you posted were 10% off the "deal" price.

I noticed they just changed the wording on the "speak to an operator" thing so maybe they just changed it within the week. If so, too bad. When they first started it the discount was 18%!

8. lrod1707

Interesting! I never saw the coupon on any of the ones I actually bought. Maybe they were maxed out on how low they could go on the price. Who knows! If you go to the Soultone that I posted on Saturday, all it says is: "Speak with an Amazon associate for help and to learn more." It doesn't show any other discount by calling. And it's not even on sale anymore, it's back to normal price. I guess they are all different. All I know is that I cant stand all those hassles that they now put you thru. I even dislike having to call when I buy anything but sometimes it's the only way to get a nice discount like I have to do with Musicians Friend.

9. Rich K.

Rich K. DFO Master

All those deals on cymbals would have been 10% off the price you paid if you had clicked the call an operator thing. Look at the earlier posts in this thread. That wording must have just changed in the last few days.

10. Radio King

Radio King DFO Veteran

Quite true. I got several Anatolians at 18% off.

11. lrod1707

Well, that sucks! LOL!!
    I had no clue about that, guess I never read any posts about it.
    Oh well, can't do anything about it now. I learned something new. Next time!

Rich K. likes this.
  12. larold

larold Well-Known Member

I was expecting just to get a code as I have in the past. I called twice. In the morning, the customer service rep said that all of the codes had expired, but if I ordered the cymbal, they’d discount it for me. I said I’d call back later, which I did a few hours later. Same story, all the codes had expired, but I could still get the discount if I ordered the cymbal. What should have been as simple as it usually was turned into a 25-minute phone call, and I’d still have to call them back to get the 10% off. Until they get some new codes, I won’t be ordering musical instruments through amazon.

Also, after I cancelled the order, it reverted to its higher price.

13. larold

larold Well-Known Member

I ordered a cymbal from them mid-February. At that time, I’d noticed that the wording had changed, but they still gave me a discount code when I had them call me.

14. lrod1707

I had luck with the cymbals but I don't order any other drum stuff there. 3 bad Aquarian heads. 2 looked used and 1 was lopsided (the lopsided one was a replacement from them for another bad one they had sent me). Never again! And it was direct from Amazon and not from another seller. I'm convinced that some of what they have is second rate stuff. I'm sure they don't get the heads direct from Aquarian.

15. lrod1707