Fraud - Christopher Tyler

Discussion in 'Support Tickets' started by VinSparkle, Nov 22, 2018.

1. VinSparkle

VinSparkle Well-Known Member

Guys,

I posted a wanted ad for 13" K Custom Dark Hats some time ago and someone claiming to be "Christopher Tyler" got in touch over PM (see below).

We eventually exchanged a few emails and unlike most members, he wanted payment via MoneyGram or an iTunes gift certificate.

He then sends me a pic of the 13" hats which he clearly just clipped out of google images a few pages down. I asked him for prior transaction experience on DFO and got no response.

Just wanted to share this with you.

Happy and Safe DFO'ing, All!

And Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!

(Mods feel free to move this post to the appropriate forum, just wanted to maximize viewing by posting first to cymbal sales)

[​IMG]
    Christopher@#New Member
    This is Christopher. Emailing about your wanted Ad. I do have for sale in excellent condition . I am in Florida and I can arrange shipping . please email me on christophertyler818@gmail.com

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  2. fishstix94

fishstix94 Well-Known Member

I can also verify this... I have a wanted ad for a yamaha club custom and he messaged me on this site saying he had a club custom and to email him at christophertyler818@gmail.com. It is clearly a scam, I traded a few emails with him to see how he would go about it.

He claims that the pics of the kit wont load but that it is in good shape. He also says he accepts payment through moneygram.

I've made a few transactions on this site, and a ton of transactions through golfwrx. Most of us on these sites are just trying to help fellow musicians out. But always remember... Stick to PayPal, and never gift your payment!

Cheers and happy Thanksgiving!

-Fish

3. sksmith-1

sksmith-1 Well-Known Member

He IM'd me also with Slingerland stands I was wanting. I checked his stats, he joined yesterday and was trolling the "Wanted" posts.
    Steve

4. zenstat

zenstat Senior Cymbal Nerd

I presume you boys have notified the mods? They can lock him out. Posting a thread there doesn't automatically notify them. I just had a look and it didn't seem like his account had been cancelled yet.

** edit ** I've reported this thread to the mods via the Report button so that should get prompt action.

jptrickster likes this.
  5. rdumas

rdumas Very well Known Member

Couple of folks were questioning about him in an earlier thread today.

6. drawtheline55

drawtheline55 Owner/admin Administrator Moderator

I have taken care of it, Ben

7. JazzDrumGuy

JazzDrumGuy DFO Master

He reached out to me yesterday offering to sell me a Gretsch tom on a wanted post that I had already marked "found" and had requested o beremoved.

8. cashmanbashman

cashmanbashman Very well Known Member

This is why I love you gals and guys. Looking out for each other even when nobody is looking is a great trait.

VinSparkle likes this.
  9. jptrickster

jptrickster DFO Master

yeah he hit me up twice for items I had in the want adds. Told him to go suck an egg