Gibraltar Black Universal pedal springs length

Discussion in 'General' started by michaelg, Mar 15, 2019 at 2:33 AM.

1. michaelg

michaelg Very well Known Member

2. lrod1707

lrod1707 Very well Known Member

Funny, one of the Amazon reviews state that he successfully used them on a Yamaha pedal. Could they maybe be a bad batch? As far as I know universal is universal and most springs fit on any pedal. Weird!
    I just looked at Gibraltar's website and they definitely do look different lengths. But Gibraltar shows no info on length or compatibility. The chrome ones are called SC-15C and the black ones SC-15F. I wonder what's the difference between the C and the F in the model numbers.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 2:49 AM
  3. michaelg

I doubt mine are a bad batch, they are just way too long (I see on the gibraltar website that none of their pedals have them installed)

4. lrod1707

Yeah that's why added the info about the website. I saw that after I wrote the first part. They are definitely long. Maybe they are for some oddball pedals that require a longer spring. Who knows!

5. lrod1707

6. michaelg

I guess, But they are called "universal", i would have thought they should say for Axis pedals etc etc if that's what they are for.

7. lrod1707

Yeah I guess. Maybe Gibraltar does it expecting that the person would know by how they look in whether they would fit or not. The color maybe? But not even that makes sense because I know like Tama makes a black replacement spring and those are definitely universal. What you do know for sure is that they don't fit so now you have to find a use for them or something. Those are like $9 here in the states so it would be hard to sell. (I don't know how much you pay for those in Ireland) For $9 it's not worth it after factoring in shipping cost. I guess I would give them away or something.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 5:16 AM