Good deal on used starclassic b/b?

Discussion in 'General' started by TomPotti, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Marquisjohnson22

Marquisjohnson22 DFO Veteran

Option 1. I have had a Maple, a B/B, a Birch Performer and played the Bubinga Starclassic and they were all up to par and worth it. The Birch and the B/B kits sound really similar to be honest, with the B/B having a tad more low end.

2. TomPotti

TomPotti Well-Known Member

Okay last question, I promise:

What's a fair price range for used 6 piece starclassic maple in excellent condition? 22 bass, 14 snare, 10, 12, 14, and 16 toms. Just got access to it today.

I'm not looking to get a "steal" or lowest price ever. Just a fair deal. If this Maple set doesn't work out, I'll just buy that birch kit for $1000, or pay the $900-1000 for the B/B at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks to all!

3. Marquisjohnson22

Marquisjohnson22 DFO Veteran

Here are a few videos I recorded a while back, messing around on my Starclassic Birch kit when I had one. Excuse the goofiness LOL

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  4. drummaman1

drummaman1 Very well Known Member

If it was birch/bubinga, with all of those drums he was right to not go below $1000. That's more than fair for that kit 10-12-14-16-22...snare, too?

Birch/Bubinga is great, and Tama has big shoes to fill with Birch/Walnut.

I sold a B/B kit MIJ in 2012 10-12-16-22 for $750, though I wanted $1000. The guy was hit by superstorm Sandy and his gear was trashed, and he was driving from NJ to pick up my kit, so I cut him some slack.

At this point, SCM is great, but so is B/B.

5. TomPotti

TomPotti Well-Known Member

Cool. Yeah I'm fortunate to have access to some good deals.

Pretty sure I'm grabbing a local maple kit tomorrow. Looking forward to finally getting some drums!