had a first few dates with my new Rogers Holidays

Discussion in 'Vintage Venue' started by Base, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Base

Base Well-Known Member

I´ve aquired these drums in the middle opf december and since then allready played them quite a bit. I really like them! THey sound (and look!) great and also different enough from my Gretsches and the Ludwig Kit to justify (to myself) having bought them. Might eventually look for a snare too!? but I´m not sure yet since I´ve been playing everything with my 5" Supra, 6,5" hammered Bronze and the Elvin snare to my fullest satisfaction for more than 10 years...
    Just a few pics I´d like to share from this years new ears eve gig and their first time in the studio
    thanks for reading/watching

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jptrickster

jptrickster DFO Master

I get all warm and fuzzy when I see Rogers getting the spotlight. They certainly deserve it!

Base and EvEnStEvEn like this.
  3. SwivoNut

SwivoNut DFO Master

No doubt they sound as good as they look. Congrats! When I bought my first set of Rogers, it came without a snare drum. The store sold off the Dynasonic previously and I bought what was left - 20/13/16 Swingtime configuration in silver glass glitter. But just a few months before I had bought a new 5" Supra which I dearly loved and I played it along with the Rogers for a number of years until I lost them all in a night club fire.

Base likes this.
  4. DanRH

DanRH Old guy, getting younger

Is that a 20/12/16? I just got me a set of 20/13/16. Love them. My second Rogers Holiday kit in my arsenal.

Try and find a wood Powertone. Great snare!

Base likes this.
  5. EvEnStEvEn

EvEnStEvEn ~Lounge Lizard~

Yo, Base, I saw your gorgeous red sparkle sweetheart on facebook yesterday!
    Nice to see more Rogers topics around here of late!
    A nice script-badge Dyna would be a magnificent addition to that droolworthy Holiday!

Base likes this.
  6. tommykat1

tommykat1 DFO Master

A matching red sparkle Powertone would be a treat! Preferably Cleveland 3 ply, but they're all good.

jptrickster, Base and DanRH like this.
  7. Base

Base Well-Known Member

Well the plan is to sell one of my 22" old Ks to get back as much money as it´ll fetch for financing the set. If that´ll work out I fear I´ll definitely get the itch for a matching powertone....

8. Base

Base Well-Known Member

I´ve put them through their first "Rock test" the last two nights - and they`ve passed with only the best grades!

[​IMG]

btw. those for you that are on facebook and interested could take listen here (snare is an 68 14x5 supraphonic

jptrickster likes this.
  9. CherryClassic

CherryClassic DFO Veteran

OH man, sorry to hear about the fire. My old kit was Blue sparkle; should have never sold it.
    sherm