OMG CL deal of the day

Discussion in 'General' started by tillerva, Mar 8, 2019.

1. tillerva

tillerva Forum Guru...yeh right :p

So what ever happens to these drums? My guess is they end up taking them to the pawn shop and learn a hard lesson and cut their losses. Who knows?

2. lrod1707

lrod1707 Very well Known Member

I don't know! Apparently if they end up pawned it's a long long time away because like I said, they sit there for months. And it would be dumb if they pawn them instead of just lowering the prices and selling them for a fair price. I don't get people sometimes. When I sell something, I sell it for a fair price that makes the buyer and me happy. And if I'm selling to buy something else, I don't sit on it, I accept offers and take it from there.

3. equipmentdork

equipmentdork DFO Veteran

My feeling is that these drums stay where they are as a conversation piece, to be pointed at. "Do you KNOW how much these drums are worth?" Guess that's the mantra.

I think the only thing stopping that from being a classic is that the toms are reachable to play. It checks a lot of CL Classic boxes:
    1. Egregious misspellings of common words and typos;
    2. Outrageous price based on the assumption that many pieces brings big bucks;
    3. Refusal to recognize that it's no longer 1987;
    4. Ludicrous, easily debunked claims about the age/value/significance of drums/cymbals;
    5. 75% of what is pictured isn't included in the sale.

I also didn't see "Bonham", "Ringo", or "Peart" anywhere. So I'm disappointed.

Dan

tillerva, lrod1707 and cochlea like this.
  4. lrod1707

lrod1707 Very well Known Member

I'd love to hear the part of that conversation when the receiver answers: "Nowhere near what you think it's worth", LOL!