One Word.........WOW!

Discussion in 'Vintage Venue' started by W&A Player, Nov 1, 2018.

1. W&A Player

W&A Player DFO Master

I feel so sorry for the man selling this beautiful Rogers drum set in Austin, Texas. I think that the bass drum is actually 14x20.

EARLY 60’s ROGERS CLEVELAND TOWER MODEL SILVER SPARKLE JAZZ KIT - ALL ROGERS (MOSTLY PERIOD)STANDS AND HARDWARE PROTECTION RACKET BAGS -
    16x20•8x12•14x14•5x14
    $1500. FIRM
    Sadly selling my beloved kit. In very good condition w/ a few freckles here & there. Sorry I am unable to detail it (as is my nature), because I have ALS...which is why I am selling it. My gigging days are past.
    I’m listing here before I post on the ROGERS collective group. I would love for the kit to live on in Austin.
    I’m posting a few pictures & have more if necessary.
    Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 Shares

jlappin likes this.
  2. mfryed2112

mfryed2112 DFO Master

Beautiful drums

3. W&A Player

W&A Player DFO Master

At first I thought that the asking price was high for center lug lower line Rogers drums. Then, I analyzed the the listing. The shells are the same as the top of the line Holiday drums. The hoops are the same. The center lug configuration lessens the heft of the drums--they're not as heavy. The mostly period-correct stands and pedals are a big plus. The good quality bags are another big plus. Then, the capper is the 20-12-14 with MATCHNG eight lug wood--not metal--snare configuration. $1,500 would have me at the seller's house right now if I was still an active player.

shuffle and squidart like this.
  4. drummertom

drummertom DFO Veteran

If I lived in Austin I'd be on my way over. Beautiful kit.

5. tommykat1

tommykat1 DFO Master

This is a steal, pure and simple. Tower kit with either a Powertone or Tower snare. Just freaking fabulous. Somebody made out like a bandit, especially considering all of the ancillary goodies. Unbelievable sacrifice by the owner. I hope he is doing okay with lots of support for his ALS. I have a number of friends who have, sadly, passed with this insidious disease.