paypal e-mail about accounts. any one else get this?

Discussion in 'General' started by p83, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:46 PM.

1. p83

p83 DFO Veteran

i generally do not respond to company e-mails i did not start something with.

just got something form paypal about how they will hold money in different accounts, etc.

is this real? are there changes coming?

2. doubleroll

doubleroll Very well Known Member

Lots of phishing going in these days. Don’t follow any links that ask for credentials or other personal information. Be careful.

3. amosguy

amosguy DFO Master

If it was really from PP, it would likely be on your account under some type of notification.

FYI - if you hover your mouse cursor over any ling, without clicking on it, it will show the actual URL path in the lower left corner of your screen.

4. 712drummer

712drummer DFO Veteran

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 2:23 AM
  5. lrod1707

lrod1707 Very well Known Member

As Amosguy said, first indication is where the link takes you when you hover over it with your mouse pointer. If it's not real (and they usually aren't), it will be some weird web address that has nothing to do with the original sender (in your case Paypal). Don' click it and delete it. I get stuff like that every once in a while and I immediately delete them. Same as phishing phone calls, as soon as I hear the bad audio quality BS recording, I hang up. If worst comes to worse and you are truly concerned, call Paypal's customer service and ask them.

6. Ptrick

Ptrick Well-Known Member

Ditto on logging in to actual PayPal typing in www.paypal.com and searching thru to see if anything pops up.

Also, does the email use your actual name? If not, it’s usually a good indicator it’s fake.

7. drumtimejohn

drumtimejohn Very well Known Member

Got the same email and deleted it however no record seems to exist when looking in the trash.