Paypal "gift option"

Discussion in 'Everything Else For Sale' started by drawtheline55, Oct 6, 2017.

1. drawtheline55

drawtheline55 Owner/admin Administrator Moderator

Hi, it has come to our (the mods) attention that some sellers request the paypal"gift" option when purchasing an item.

We highly frown on and do not approve this. It is not right and the buyer has no protection, in the rare event it might be needed.

In fact, going forward if we see that in an ad, the ad will be pulled.

One simple solution is to simply split the fee, and all is good. Plus it is free to sell here.

Thanks, Ben and the DFO team.

2. tkillian

tkillian Very well Known Member

If it's not in the ad but the parties involved agree to do it that way that's okay right?

3. komodobob

komodobob DFO Master

+1 on this Ben. Buyers remorse is not a fun thing to go through. And having no recourse, when paying via paypal gift leaves you completely at the mercy of the seller.

4. drawtheline55

drawtheline55 Owner/admin Administrator Moderator

Well technically it isn't ok but if 2 parties agree then that would between them. Just remember one is using their service and they charge a fee for that service
    except when it is a true "gift" then they dont charge, but selling and buying is not gifting.

Ben

5. fun2drum

fun2drum Team DFO Staff Member Moderator

Honestly I don't think it's wise for a buyer to agree to sending a gift payment for items bought online. I admit I've sent payments that way before but no more.