Pearl steel sensitone 2015

Discussion in 'General' started by 2mm2, Mar 17, 2015.

1. 2mm2

2mm2 Member

Are the new steel sensi seamless? I far as I know at the old ones only the steel elite line were seamless and 10 lugs The 2015 line looks cool. Does any one has test them ?

All the best

2. A J

A J DFO Master

I don't know the answer to your question, but the old steel Sensitone Elite snares are my favorites. I sold off all my other snares except for my three Sensitones. While the new design certainly is great "eye candy", I'm not jumping to get one. In my opinion, the old Sensitones work perfectly and unless I get a serious case of "Snare Fever", I'm going to stick with my current ones.

3. Monty

Monty DFO Master

I just got hold of an older Brass Sensitone with the seam and I agree....While the new ones look better, this one sounds amazing and ultimately that's all I care about. YMMV

4. 2mm2

2mm2 Member

Yes you aré rigth old sensitones a are perfect, that's why I am wondering how are the new ones they look good but you never knows

5. 1990rookout

1990rookout Well-Known Member

My old brass sensitone has 10 lugs. I can't remember about the seam. . I just know that I love that drum. It sounds great, and visually really compliments my cherry finish Gretsch Cat Birch set.

6. Sonorlite

Sonorlite Forgive him for he knows not what he does.

I would think they'd mention whether its seamless or not on the Pearl website - the only one mentioned as seamless is the Aluminium Sensitone.

7. XVIII Airborne

XVIII Airborne DFO Veteran

I think the steel models have a seem and always have. That doesn't make it a bad drum, at the quality level the Sensitone is at, the seem with not even be noticeable to the eye. Entry level models have a pretty obvious seem. Doesn't really matter, seem or not, those are great drums.