Rogers Big R score in the UK 14" ft, 20" FT...

Discussion in 'Vintage Venue' started by Richie Paradise, Nov 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Richie Paradise

Richie Paradise Well-Known Member

A rare haul of US Rogers here in the UK. A 14" floor tom & a 20"x18" bass drum that it look's like was a floor tom conversion [​IMG] The bass drum has Premier spurs I think the tom mount has also been replaced, it's a mix of Rogers are generic Japanese. A Premier Resonator tom in the same colour came with it along with some mixed hardware, a Hamma steel snare, some cymbals, but also a lovely Rogers hi hat. I've wanted one for some time as I play a '72 Fullerton in my big band, called the Big R Big Band funnily enough. The snare pictured is a Slingerland Artist I already owned.
    Not sure what I'll do with it, I love the colour and the floor tom is a beauty. Will see if there's any interest in the 20" FT to BD conversion and if not I'll have the bass drum cut down to half its size by a local drum builder. Chaps, your thoughts please.

IMG_7852.jpeg
    IMG_7853.jpeg
    IMG_7854.jpeg

bob likes this.
  2. bob

bob DFO Master

they look alright to me .... the big r bass drums are mighty fine sounding drums ... i have a 22'' and it's great .... i'll bet that 20 '' sounds great too ....

3. Richie Paradise

Richie Paradise Well-Known Member

Too big for me, i like them shallow to match my personality. Lovely 5ply mind.

4. BrianOwens

BrianOwens Drumsforever

Natural finish always looks good.