Slowwwwww.....

Discussion in 'Support Tickets' started by Mongrel, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Mongrel

Mongrel Very well Known Member

Ok....definately seems to be related to the links on the "new content" page.

Links from the sub forums have been opening normally.

Thanks to fun2drum for the heads up.

2. drawtheline55

drawtheline55 Owner/admin Administrator Moderator

I have had it happen to me twice only on clicking on view new content, takes about 12 seconds, then when I go back in it is fine, will relay this info.

Ben

3. fun2drum

fun2drum Team DFO Staff Member Moderator

Another related note, when clicking on the drumforum logo at the top left of the page there's a long delay. Actually I'm not sure it works at all because I lose patience and leave the page. That logo link is how I often get back to the main home menu so it's noticeable to me. I'm not sure if it's my imagination but links in the new content section seem even slower this morning than this time yesterday. Until this is fixed by the tech people, if any of you are experiencing difficulty in new content links, simply go to the individual sections such a general, for sale, etc., and click the links from within there. Thread links seem to be working quickly and properly from every section except new content.

4. fun2drum

fun2drum Team DFO Staff Member Moderator

Temporary (and weird) workaround: In new content, right click the thread title and then select "copy link address". Paste that in your browser and hit enter. It will not only go to the link fast, but all other clicks from new content will work from that point on until you close the browser window. I've tested that several times on my computer using Chrome and it works every time. Your mileage may vary, of course, but it is both weird and effective (at least for me) as a workaround.