So this is on the interior of my......

Discussion in 'Vintage Venue' started by sksmith-1, Nov 3, 2018.

1. sksmith-1

sksmith-1 Well-Known Member

I took the heads of the bass of the 70's Slingerland's that I picked up a couple of weeks ago at the St. Louis Drum Show, and found this cool little decal.
    I googled it and he seems to be quite well known for having some original Leedy books, was friends with Gene Krupa, and has been a well know drum teacher in South Bend, Indiana for quite some time.
    Thought this was pretty cool.
    Steve

Attached Files:

squidart likes this.
  2. BRIAN

BRIAN Very well Known Member

That is cool

3. JazzDrumGuy

JazzDrumGuy DFO Master

When I see something like this, or an engraving of a person's name/SSN, or a school district, part of me wonders whether someone rented the drum or borrowed it and "forgot" to return it, or simply stole it! I know people buy from surplus auctions, schools close, etc., but just sayin'.....

It would be cool to find a photo with Mr. Knight playing that drum.......google away, my friend.....

4. sksmith-1

sksmith-1 Well-Known Member

It appears that he was a Camco endorser back in the day and still runs / teaches in South Bend.
    I may have to call to see if he has any information about the kit.
    Steve

5. atomicdave

atomicdave DFO Master

6. DanC

DanC "Get in, sit down, shut up, hold on"

Somewhere in Florida, behind a Rogers kit
    I've had some Rogers drums with those stickers. I think it was also a drumshop and put those stickers on drums before they were delivered.

7. JazzDrumGuy

JazzDrumGuy DFO Master

Found...very cool! I have an early Ludwig Pioneer with a music store plaque in Dearborn Heights, MI. I read about them and they still are in business. I sent them photos and emails and even considered selling the snare to them or at least offering to remove the plaque and just send it to them if it had any historical value to them (ie: my grandpa ran the shop back then and he would hand nail every one of them!).......well, I got back absolutely NO reply, nada, zilch........maybe you will have better luck if you do......