SOLD Check this out! MIJ orange/tangerine/gold sparkle 14" x 14" floor tom

Discussion in 'Sold' started by mewing, Jan 31, 2019.

1. mewing

mewing Well-Known Member

No badge (not sure if it ever had one). Complete drum that came to me covered in contact paper. Thank goodness they didn't peel off the wrap. Great sparkle. Reso side lugs are newer than the batter side, but they match. I've included lots of photos (with and without flash; indoors and outdoors), but feel free to ask questions. The last two close-ups are with the lugs removed so you can see how little fading there is. Some from the computer view call it gold, but everyone that sees it in person says orange or tangerine. $150 - Shipping available - ask for a quote. 317.695.0696
    Orange 1.JPG Orange 2.JPG Orange 3.JPG Orange 4.JPG Orange 5.JPG Orange 6.JPG Orange 7.JPG Orange 8.JPG Orange 9.JPG Orange 10.JPG

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    ConvertedLudwigPlayer likes this.
  2. mewing

mewing Well-Known Member

Orange 11.JPG Orange 12.JPG
    Interior photos. Note the newer screws on the reso side.

3. mewing

mewing Well-Known Member

Not that I expected this to sell in a flash, but comments are welcome as to whether I am out to lunch on the price, or if the right person just needs to come along. It looks really cool in my drum room, so I'm certainly not pressed to sell, but it would make a nice completion for someone who has this color in a 12" rack and a bass (which of course I sold a few years ago, well before finding this tom).

4. JazzDrumGuy

JazzDrumGuy DFO Master

The only thing I'll say is it looks more gold than tangerine......GLWS....

5. Spongebob

Spongebob DFO Master

It's nice but personally, I'm looking for this exact drum in 3ply Gretsch. Have one of those for $150?

6. mewing

mewing Well-Known Member

Amazing. During this one year, Gretsch made this drum to look exactly like a MIJ model, all the way down to the lugs and other hardware! This is definitely the drum you're looking for! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

7. ConvertedLudwigPlayer

ConvertedLudwigPlayer DFO Veteran

I am guessing those are not the original lugs. The wrap is a good match for my TorODor kit.

Attached Files:

8. ConvertedLudwigPlayer

I am guessing those are not the original lugs. The wrap is a good match for my TorODor kit.

9. mewing

mewing Well-Known Member

Looks like it. I might have some of the MIJ Slingerland copy lugs, if that's what your kit has, but these are the ones I got with this drum. The reso side lugs are newer, but match. By the way, what color would you say your kit is?

10. ConvertedLudwigPlayer

I got it used in 1976 and always called it "gold sparkle". I have no idea what the factory called it. Mine was made by Pearl. Inside the floor tom leg mount it was stamped Pearl. The badge is metal and is stamped TorODor with the airvent being the second "O".

The snare is metal and always sounded great. I picked up a matching snare from a forumite locally in the last year or so, but have not played it with the kit yet. The snare does not have a badge.