Summertime Swing Music in San Diego with a set of 1947 WFL Big Timers

Discussion in 'Gigs' started by markrocks68, Jul 6, 2018.

1. markrocks68

markrocks68 Very well Known Member

Happy Friday Drummer Friends!
    My swing/jazz band will be playing a great outdoor summer concert tonight at Old Trolley Barn Park in the University Heights neighborhood of San Diego from 6-8 pm. We play music from the Great American Songbook covering everyone from Bobby Darin to Ella Fitzgerald to Frank Sinatra.
    I'll be playing the oldest kit from my collection: A 1947 WFL Big Time Outfit 26/16/13/14 and that pretty lady (aka my wife) will be singing the tunes as well.
    It's a FREE FAMILY FRIENDLY event so if your in SoCal & in Sun Diego, C'mon out & say HELLO to the drummer!
    Here's a link to the event as well:
    http://www.uhcdc.org/whatsNew.html

Have a great weekend all!

Mark

Attached Files:

2. Tigerdrummer

Tigerdrummer Well-Known Member

sounds great. wish I was in SD to see/ hear. All good artists but BD is a favorite. Had he not died so young I really think he would have had a huge career (wasnt a bad one anyway). I am still amazed an actor could take on his vocals in a bio pic and do such a great job. It is very distressing to now know know of his (KS) other behavior. I have a big interest in Brill Building related stuff from the BD era. Some amazing stories and careers there

3. markrocks68

markrocks68 Very well Known Member

Bobby is a fav of my wife (the singer). From her I have grown to really appreciate that mans music.
    Yes agree, KS did an incredible job in that movie.