Tuning a snare to a perfect 4th with a Tune-bot

Discussion in 'General' started by scottpep, Mar 16, 2019 at 3:22 AM.

1. scottpep

scottpep Well-Known Member

Here is another quick video I made on tuning my snare to a perfect 4th with the tune bot as well. I seemed to have pretty good results on it and it sounds amazing in the room. Lots of body and a nice crack. I find it let the overtones show just enough to give the snare some character and not be too dry.

2. Ptrick

Ptrick Well-Known Member

Ya, that sounds great. I mistakenly thought your other video was you tuning the toms to perfect 4th intervals between each individual drum, not top bottom. Guess I should have watched the whole thing!

3. jptrickster

jptrickster DFO Master

Interesting and informative video Scott, enjoyed it w Sat morn coffee.
    What heads on the snare? Sounds great.

4. scottpep

scottpep Well-Known Member

I'll work out the white balance and lighting next time. That video looks pretty bad haha. Just a standard Evans 300 on the bottom. Any basic snare reso should work. I have the Evans Power Center on the top. It has that little white circle in the top. I prefer a more dry sound in my playing. I lean towards coated heads, often a dual ply but I do like the feel of a single.

CherryClassic and jptrickster like this.
  5. purity

purity New Member

Really nice video. I just gave it a try on my snare and really liked the results.

I've seen a lot of your videos on YouTube over the years but never realized that you were a forum member. Thanks for uploading all the good stuff.