Vintage Rogers silver sparkle is glass, right???

Discussion in 'Vintage Venue' started by JazzDrumGuy, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Rich K.

Rich K. DFO Master

Never mind...I read your post as clockwise, not counterclockwise.

2. Powertone

Powertone DFO Veteran

1B4844F9-90D6-413D-B13C-8BCBB115931B.jpeg View attachment 377133 View attachment 377132 View attachment 377132

That is the correct placement for mount, script badge and tone control. Not a big deal. I have been playing Rogers for decades and never used a tone control. In fact, I never paid attention to the placement until you pointed it out. LOL! Since everyone is sharing their silver, here’s my Clev. bop kit for reference.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  3. JazzDrumGuy

JazzDrumGuy DFO Master

Beautiful, PT. I still need a tom mount for the bass to properly mount the 12". Also, I'm still trying to figure out the FT sitch and how I will do my snare conversion. I note your 12" sits high. I only have a short tom arm - is that going to be enough to get the 12" off the bass?

My prior project (vintage Gretsch Charlie Watts tribute) is nearly done so that gives me some more time to ponder over the Rogers kit and how I want it finished.......thanks.

4. Powertone

Powertone DFO Veteran

How short is your tom arm? There are different sizes. A 22” bass doesn’t need as long a post as an 18”. Also depends on how you like to place your tom. If yours has a post (that mounts to bass) that is very short, then it could be from a double tom (Top Hat) mount. I will try to post a photo of a couple of arms for you.

If you have a photo of the arm it would help.

Also, be aware that where the tom mount is on the bass will determine the angle of the mount you will use. Just some of the pitfalls of Rogers offering such a variety of mounts.